ARL hair tissue mineral analysis
Hair Analysis for Toxic Heavy Metals and Essential Minerals
A hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA) simply
stated, is a screening
hair test that measures the mineral content of your hair as well as
toxic metals. However, a hair tissue mineral analysis is much more than a
test for minerals.
When combined with Nutritional Balancing*, it is a valuable scientific
tool to improved
health and well being. This modality was developed by Dr. Paul C. Eck of
Phoenix, Arizona, who lived from 1925 to 1996, and has been refined by
Lawrence Wilson, M.D.
over the past 30 years.
HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis) for Nutritional Balancing
by ARL (Analytical Research Laboratories)
PRICE OF TEST KIT $159.00 - NOW Includes Free Shipping!
- Free shipping of kit and your customized printed report included with price
- Doctor's order provided
- Optional personalized diet plan available for an additional fee
The hard copy of your final report will be sent by US mail usually within two-three weeks of receiving your hair sample. If ordering from locations outside of USA, the test collection kit will be mailed to you free of charge, and your customized report will be emailed to you.
NOTE: For emailed reports, they will be sent to email used when ordering unless we are otherwise notified.
sample report Collection Instructions Elements Test Matrix Articles
- Comprehensive hair tissue mineral assay
- Thorough interpretive 20+ page report
- Detailed explanation of results
- Vitamin & Mineral supplementation recommendations
- Macro minerals reported: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron
- Trace minerals reported: Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Chromium, Selenium, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Lithium, Boron
- Toxic metals reported: Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, Cadmium, Aluminum, Nickel
- Includes significant mineral ratios
- Determination of "oxidizer" status
- Optional customized metabolic typing diet plan with transitional and optimal diet recommendations
- Improved health tips
Providing a mineral blueprint of one's
biochemistry, a hair tissue mineral analysis can provide pertinent
information about one's metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and
carbohydrate tolerance, stage of stress, immune system and glandular
A hair tissue mineral analysis performed by
Analytical Research Labs, Inc.
(ARL), is a screening test for the level of 20 minerals and toxic
metals in a sample of hair. It is a tissue mineral biopsy that is
non-invasive, relatively inexpensive and extremely accurate.
ARL uses only the most advanced and sophisticated instrumentation
available today, the Perkin Elmer Elan 9000 ICP Mass Spectrometer to
assess mineral levels in parts per million or parts per billion.
A hair tissue mineral analysis is considered a
standard test used around the world for the biological monitoring of
trace elements and toxic metals in humans and animals species. The same
technology is used for soil testing and testing of rock samples to
detect mineral levels.
Hair, like all other body tissues, contains
minerals that are deposited as the hair grows. Although the hair is
dead, the minerals remain as the hair continues to grow out. A sample of
hair cut close to the scalp provides information about the mineral
activity in the hair that took place over the past three to four months,
depending on the rate of hair growth.
Why is Our Hair Analysis Unique?
ARL is one of only two laboratories that do not
wash the hair at the laboratory. Washing hair samples at the laboratory
has been shown to erratically wash out the water-soluble elements. This
creates much less accurate results. In a 2001 study in the Journal of
the AMA (Seidel, S. et al., Assessment of Commercial Laboratories
Performing Hair Mineral Analysis, JAMA, 285(1) Jan 3:67-72.) the two
laboratories that did not wash the hair, of which we were one, showed
ARL uses technologically advanced testing instruments, including the Perkin Elmer Elan 9000 ICP Mass Spectrometer.
We are proud of ARL's quality control
procedures. These include known controls which are tested at the
beginning, middle and end of every batch of hair samples to insure the
accuracy of the results.
ARL automatically retests any reading that is
out of a normally expected range, provided sufficient hair is available
for a second sample.
Test results are printed on an easy-to-read
graph, unlike many of the other laboratories. This is a great benefit
for both practitioners and their clients as well. The printed graph
includes the mineral results, major mineral ratios and the oxidation
ARL offers the only complete individualized
test interpretation by the method developed by the late Dr. Paul C. Eck,
the founder. This 15-20 page report is unique as it includes
information related to
your metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and carbohydrate tolerance,
immune system, autonomic balance, glandular activity and metabolic
trends, a personal dietary supplement program, basic diet
recommendations and other information that can be inferred from the test
Personalized Diet Plan: We offer a personalized transition dietary plan based entirely upon the results of one's hair tissue mineral levels, mineral ratios, oxidation type, and probable allergic responses. This is an optional 25 page report which includes three transition diets, meal plans and a wealth of information covering food preparation, eating habits, changing one's habits, cooking, shopping and other valuable information. It includes what foods should be included in your diet and what foods should be avoided.
If you have further questions after receiving your report,
a phone consult is available for an additional fee.
- Adrenal Burnout Syndrome
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- All-Four-Low Macro Minerals
- Aluminum Toxicity
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Arthritis - A Metabolic Approach
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Burnout, Hypoglycemia, Obesity Connection
- Cadmium Toxicity
- Candida Albicans
- Children's Health
- Cholesterol Controversy
- Cholesterol Mystery
- Copper Elimination
- Copper Toxicity
- Emotional States
- Glossary of Terms Used in Biochemical Balancing Science
- Hair Loss, A Growing Concern
- Headaches - Nutritional Causes
- Hypoglycemia, Dysinsulinism and Diabetes
- Introduction to Copper Toxicity
- Iron Toxicity
- Lead As A Cause Of Numerous Metabolic And Personality Dysfunctions
- Lead Toxicity
- Mercury Toxicity
- My Experience With Copperheads
- Positive Thinking
- Pregnancy and the Nutritional Balancing Program
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Ratios and Their Meaning
- Retracing And Healing Reactions
- Salt Misconceptions
- Sugar And Carbohydrate Intolerance
- Toxic Metal Elimination
- Vegetarianism and Body Chemistry - A Research Report
- Vegetarianism - Is It The Right Choice?
- Weight Lifting
* Nutritional balancing is not a substitute for regular medical care. It is not a means of diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure for any disease or condition, mental or physical. Instead, it is a means of reducing stress and balancing, strengthening and restoring body chemistry. When this is done, many health conditions improve by themselves.